LEAKING TAP REPAIRS
Did You Know…
- A leaking tap can waste 2,000 litres of water in a single month
- High water pressure can cause taps to leak
- Simply changing a washer will NOT always fix a leaking tap
Taps may look like a simple Plumbing fixture from the outside, but they are made up of several internal components; all of which deteriorate over time. The washer is often the first suspect of a leaking tap, but as time goes by other parts will deteriorate and fail without attention.
Our professional Chiswick Plumbing servicemen will diagnose the cause of your leaking taps and recommend the most cost effective solution – whether it be simply replacing the old washers, replacing them with special water saving valves, or carrying out a full tap service.
What does a Chiswick Plumbing tap service involve?
Depending on the type and age of your tap, our serviceman may recommend a full tap service to get your taps back to good working order. This service includes one or more of the following:
- Changing the tap washer, the o-rings and jumper valve
- Greasing the spindle
- Installing new stainless steel seats
- Grinding back the tap housing.
What is that loud banging when I turn a tap off?
Water Hammer is a condition that occurs in homes & buildings with copper water pipes and can have the following symptoms:
– a banging sound when a tap is turned off
– a loud squealing sound with a tap on or when a washing machine is working or filling.
Water hammer can be reduced or eliminated completely by one or more methods, however due to there being no single cause, it can often take several attempted methods to pinpoint the cause.
High pressure, loose pipes or faulty plumbing components/connections can all cause water hammer.
You shouldn’t ignore water hammer as it lead to more serious problems, such as:
- Burst pipes. This can be serious, especially if the pipe is inside your house/walls
- Irreversible damage to taps and valves
- Rupturing or damage to your hot water system
LEAKING TOILET REPAIRS
Do You Know how much is your Leaking Toilet costing you?
A leaking toilet can cost you big $$$’s, adding costly dollars to your Sydney water bill.
Are you still using an old single flush toilet cistern? A water efficient dual flush toilet uses as little as 3 litres of water, compared to a standard single flush toilet which can use 6-12 litres of water every time you flush!
Give us a call on 1300 55 2248, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and we can fix or replace your leaking toilet while at the same time, proving to you why we are the best in Sydney when it comes to:
- Repairing your leaking/broken toilet
- Installing a water saving dual flush toilet cistern
- Fixing your blocked toilet or drains